Περιγραφή του Μαθήματος
The course aims at providing the students with an overall image of the economic relations between state and multinationals in the field of international and European law. The purpose is:
(1) To familiarize the postgraduate students with the particularities of the subject matter of international economic law.
(2) To present the various branches of international economic law and identify the specific regulations in each of them.
(3) To be able to locate and analyze the basic legal controversies delineated in those branches.
(4) To provide the postgraduate students with the knowledge background and the methodology in order to understand the topic and to conduct successful research on these topics of IEL
(5) To accustom students with the mechanisms for dispute settlement and with the juridical reasoning of the competent judicial organs.
(6) To familiarize students with the concept of the European Union (EU), the EU law, and the law-making procedure in the EU.
(7) To present the framework of the function of the European Institutions.
(8) To present the most important policies of the European Union concerning the economic field of the EU member states.
- Introduction to International Economic Law
- The Law of the World Trade Organization
- International Investment Law
- International Trade and Transport Law (Vienna Convention, Incoterms, CMR, COTIF-CIM, Maritime Law)
- Introduction to the EU law and legislative procedure
- Presentation of the Institutions of the European Union
- Presentation of current EU policies: Competition law (1)
- Presentation of current EU policies: Tax law, public procurement (2)